Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Crafts

I found a tutorial for this project a couple of weeks ago over at That Artist Woman's blog. I loved the look of it and didn't find it too intimidating, so we decided to give it a try. I was so involve in the project that I forgot to take pictures until mine was done.
Quincy decided that mixed media wasn't her thing and used the cut out shapes as templates for her to trace, then she painted Mary, Joseph and Jesus onto the picture.






Julia's and Grant's





Quincy's and Mine!
It was a nice break from the norm and lots and lots of fun.
A special thanks to That Artist Woman for posting the tutorial.






4 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

Wow!! I like how they are the same but so different too. Very interesting.

Gail Bartel said...

They look terrific Colleen!! Looks like everyone had a great time creating. I love how although it is the same project each child makes it their own, makes it unique to them.
Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad it turned out so well.
gail

Leslie said...

col, i love love love it. i wonder if i can muster enough "spirit" to make a project like that...or if mitch would even attend to it
(my word ID is sistr)

Leslie said...

thanks for adding the link