Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving.
I like it even better when there are large groups of people involved. This Thanksgiving we were able to assemble all 22 members of my father's side of the family, a rare treat!
I want to thank my sister, Leslie, for opening her home to all of us despite the fact that the movers were coming just four days later (today!) We had such a wonderful time visiting with the aunts and uncles, sisters and brother's-in-law, neices and nephews.

The grandchildren dutifully posing. Aren't they all so cute?!

All the women of the family.

I don't know what they were really talking about, but I love to imagine that great wisdom was being imparted to the younger generation.


Hey, there, Mitchie M Shot!



Cousins sharing some down time.





Chris, your fried turkey was excellent.



Love ya, Uncle Ron.


Julia had a blast playing with Bea and Avery. We need more cousin time.


Kevin's schedule didn't change much. Sleep, eat, homework, and video games.


I like these last two pictures, showing everyone interacting with one another. (This is post dessert.)

I'm missing my family already and hope that we'll all be able to get together again next summer in Maine.












2 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures Colleen. It was a rare treat to have Dad's side of the family together! Time was too short. I too, thank Leslie for opening her home to all of us.

Elizabeth said...

I love all your pictures Colleen... and i too hope everyone can get together in maine too!!!