Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Resolution

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but this is one that was going to get done whther I officially "resolved" it or not.
I must get my craft stuff organized!

I think I have craft ADD. There are so many ghosts of crafts past, crafts present, and crafts maybe-I'll-get-to-someday-in-the-future-I-hope?
One of the wonderful things about this house is that there are two wonderful craft storage/desk areas in the basement where I can keep all of my craft supplies together in one place! In the last house we had crafts in the garage, in the office, in the bedrooms, etc... Needless to say, I didn't enjoy digging the craft supplies out of the garage very much so I just didn't do those crafts.
Now I have one area for general crafts and another for scrapbooking (which I almost never do anymore, but I still have the stuff.)
These areas were sort of organized when we first moved in, but in the recent months, we've pretty much trashed them trying to find supplies for all of our Christmas crafts. So these are our "before" pictures.
I've already made some improvements since these pictures were taken, but I have a long way to go. A coat of paint would be nice too. Any ideas?

All the paper and stickers have been separated and put into drawers, to be better organized later, but at least they are all in one place for now.



The yarn was a tangled mess, but now they are cute little balls of yarn piled in a pretty basket.
(I'll have to take a picture.)
If anyone out there has some great organizing tips or ideas for me, please comment. I can use all the help I can get. :o)




2 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

Maybe you'll motivate me to organize as I watch you do your crafts. Don't give up!

Leslie said...

nice...i can not wait to see the after pictures