Thursday, February 5, 2009

MKMW: Azerbaijan

In my search for an Azeri recipe to make for this week's My Kitchen My World, I learned that the people of Azerbaijan are big tea drinkers. So instead of making a full on Azeri meal, I decided to have an Azeri tea party. I found this wonderful website full of recipes and cultural information. Farida's Azerbaijani Cookbook

I made two desserts, one from Farida's blog, the Cheese and Yogurt Cake with Lemon Zest or Piroq, and Baklava. I had never made baklava before, never even considered it, but it was fairly easy and tasted amazing.




3 comments:

Leslie said...

wow sister that looks lovely...i wish i was there for the tea party. Was it just you grant and julia?

Colleen said...

Yes just the three of us... Julia liked the baklava, but Grant didn't.

Grammie/Mom said...

I would have liked to been part of your Azeri tea party. Looks yummy! What kind of tea did you have?