Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting all Artsy


Julia found this project in a craft book. It was a fairly simple concept... roll some marbles around in paint, but it turned out to be lots of fun and created some pretty cool pictures. They felt a little "Jackson Pollack."
I can only hope that my cookie sheets will come clean. :o&


The pictures below are some watercolors that I picked up on a whim at a small antique shop.
The lady gave all four of them to me for 15 dollars! It was such a good deal that I bought them without having really looked closely at them or knowing where to put them in my house. I just knew that I wanted them. After some consideration, I knew exactly where they belonged. There had been a big blank space above my couch for far too long, so there they went.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

i love the marble art project, we are going to have to give that a try but maybe i will first get a tray that i can throw away. you got your new pictures up fast....they look nice there.

Colleen said...

Beware of bouncing marbles... we had a few. This may be a good outdoor activity.

Leslie said...

good to know

Grammie/Mom said...

Wow, you don't waste any time. You hung those fast. They look good there.