Saturday, October 17, 2009

Homemade Laundry Soap

***Why didn't I post this? It looks done to me. Oh, well... better late than never.***

The laundry products that I've been using for the last ohhhhh... many years have been the more natural, phosphate free, more expensive types, but all that saving the earth has been a little rough on the wallet. So, when I was in Costco recently, I decided to try their "environmentally friendly" Kirkland brand detergent. It came in the usual Costco-sized, ginormous container, but the cost per load was far lower than what I had been spending. However, I didn't like the way it gummed up the measuring cups and wondered what it was doing to the inside of my high efficiency washing machine. So I finally decided to give making my own laundry detergent a try. It was fun, easy and (best of all ) CHEAP!








1 comment:

Grammie/Mom said...

I'm out of it. I've been using dribs and drabs from bottles just taking up space. I have to find the washing soda. That's what is holding me back