Friday, December 11, 2009

Space Needle Ornament

I mentioned before that I try to buy an ornament from places that we've visited or lived.
Being in the military, we've moved far more times than I like to remember. 
We always appreciate the opportunity to see and experience new things, but some places leave a bigger impression on us than others.
Seattle was one of those places.  We miss it a lot.
I still find myself thinking that we should go down to Pike's Market for some Christmas shopping and Turkish delight, but that would be quite a long trip involving airplanes and such!


We also miss our friends that were left behind.
One of those wonderful friends sent me this lovely skyline for Christmas last year.
I hope she knows how much I love it.
Every time I look at it, I want to click my heels together and say, "There's no place like home."


I could go on and on about all the things we loved and missed in Washington, but I should leave it at that for now.

For more ornaments and their stories go to Mama Bear's blog.

Did you see that sequined tree hiding behind the space needle ornament? 
I have a really good story about that one that I'll share another day.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

i love it...i miss it too!!!! i want a space needle ornament!!! :o(