Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You Capture: Color

I was very excited to hear that this weeks you capture challenge was color!

Ever since the snow melted, we've been left with nothing but brown and gray outside and it was getting a little tedious.  I was so looking forward to seeing some color in everyone's photos.

But that meant that somehow, I'd have to find color too!
And Beth promised some super-special-extra-credit brownie points if we found color outside.

(Really, I don't need the brownie points, but I wouldn't mind an actual brownie. 
Now that would be a shade of brown that I wouldn't mind seeing! )

yum...brownies


Alright.. so, anyway....
If you saw my last post, you'll know that we got a fairly warm day recently and I dragged the kids out to a local farm/park to enjoy the day and look for color.
I can't say that we found a lot of color in nature, but there was a veritable rainbow of colors all around us in the form of farm equipment, etc.  We just had to look.

And so... I present to you the color RED!


and ORANGE!




 YELLOW!



 GREEN and BLUE!




 and, finally, PURPLE!


This post was brought to you by the Letters "Y" and "C"
and all the colors of the rainbow!

You capture is made possible by viewers like you.  :o)
So go check it out!

Oh... and my daughter has some very colorful pictures on her blog too.
The Girl Who Ruled the World One Craft at a Time

Photobucket

31 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Great color. I love the rust-enhanced pieces. Very artsy. ;)

T.J. said...

My eyes, my eyes!!
I am overwhelmed by this spectacular, virtual rainbow. Awesome :)

jaime said...

I love this post - and the red photos are my favorite! I'm so very impressed with your photos this week :)

Leslie said...

i love it!!! love, love, love it!!!

Melissa said...

You did such a great job capturing color outside and how creative seeing the purple in the turkey!

Melissa said...

You did such a great job capturing color outside and how creative seeing the purple in the turkey!

Lindsey said...

Love love love the colors! It seems so gray and dreary out right now, so this was a great subject to make things seems a little more upbeat!

K Soucy said...

Wow! Great job with the color assignment. Enjoying.

Unknown said...

Such a creative outlook you have, you've done awesome with this theme, so fun and brite! LOVE all of your photos!

Alita said...

That rooster... GREAT CAPTURE! Wow I love all the color. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Campbell said...

Great photos! Crazy how purple the turkey's head is!

Unknown said...

You're awesome! I absolutely love this. Great job. I think yellow is my favorite...

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great shots, amazing how many things you can find color in when you look at everyday things :)

Saj said...

I love this post! Such amazing, colorful captures.

Unknown said...

I love the way you focused on different colors. The old signs are so cool. Actually, it's all cool.

Lyndsay said...

WOW!! You did an awesome job - love it!!

ToadMama said...

I love your color groups!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Great shots...I love all the old rusty stuff! :) That brownie looks delicious btw. Thanks for commenting on my post! :)

Katie said...

I love the way you presented your photos. My son is going to really enjoy seeing these pictures tomorrow - the old trucks and farm equipment will thrill him.

Anonymous said...

Awww, those rusty reds remind me so much of my grandpa's old truck. Beautiful shots!

Lena said...

Wow I love this! I don't know if it's my ocd but I loooove how you grouped them.
Very clever and those shots are awesome!

Rissa said...

I *love* the way you did this! How fun! And honestly, you found colors in some things I may have never noticed before. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow,these are fantastic! I love the two bottom rusty blue and red shots. Great job!

K Mommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I LOVE your pictures! Very cool!

Catherine Anne said...

I love the red~

Anonymous said...

I love how you did ever color! Beautiful!

Grammie/Mom said...

You did a another great job Colleen. Not only are the pictures good but you put it together in a very creative way. I also got a chuckle out of the Sesame Street blurb.

Frogmum said...

Brilliant colour shots ! So creative :D

Jo said...

Hmm, someone is a You Capture over-acheiver. :-) WOW. Seriously. Wow. Great photos, wonderful color.

Laura said...

These are beautiful photos. I especially love the green and blue.

Cathy said...

What a fun set of pictures!