Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On my mind...

On my mind
For Today...
May17, 2010

Outside my window... it's a gray day with a steady rain that lasted all day yesterday and all morning so far.  It makes me feel sleepy.


I am thinking...  that I don't mind the rain too much.  It gives me an excuse to just hang out in the house, read books, eat comfort food and watch Toy Story 2 with Julia.


I am thankful for...the time I got to spend with my husband while he was on leave.  Now I'm pretty bummed that he's gone, but I suppose it won't be too much longer before he gets to come home again.  (Is two months really long, or not that long?  It's feeling kind of long right now.)


I'm wearing... purple t-shirt, denim capris and warm socks... scary thing is, that's exactly what I was wearing two weeks ago when I last did an "on my mind" post.  Well... except for the socks, those are a rainy day addition.

I am remembering...how much I really liked Kevin's Buzz Lightyear toy and wondering why we ever got rid of it.  I want a new Buzz. 

I am creating... a lot of lists... plans for the summer.... concerts, vacations, etc...


I am going... to spend this day all cozy and warm in the house.  If I had a working fireplace, I'd fire that up too.  I'm also going to try to come up with some photos for the various bloggy photo challenges that I want to link up to.  I'm struggling with my photography right now, nothing seems to be coming out the way I'd like it to.  

I am reading...Visual Poetry by Chris Orwig.  The best photography how-to book I've ever read.  Very inspiring.  I never write in books, but I'm marking this one up with notes and highlites.  Perhaps this will help me through my little photography slump.


Song that is playing over and over in my head..."When I grow up, I want to be an old woman."  I don't even know if it's a real song.  I heard it on a commercial earlier and the same line keeps repeating  in my head. 

I am hoping...That I wake up enough to get some work done today.
 
Noticing that... my house could use a good dusting... still trying to find something long enough to reach the cobwebs in the skylights.  

From the kitchen...I don't know... I guess I should get thinking about that.  I'd like something fairly easy with minimal meat in it.
You know what else I want?  Oatmeal raisin cookies.  Yum.


Around the house...yuck... I don't want to think about it.  The kitchen's a mess, the washing machine is on the blink, and like I said, it's dusty.  The yard could use some weeding too. 


One of my favorite things... friends and neighbors.  I miss my Washington neighbors lots and lots!

 A few plans for the rest of the week...let's see...Thursday I'm taking the older two to a Mumford and Sons concert in DC, Saturday we're doing a service project at a local park and Sunday we're hoping to meet up with some friends in Jamestown while checking out the historical site. 
Hey! that's a lot of fun stuff to look forward to.   Cool.

A picture I would like to share...

11 comments:

Leslie said...

you have a full week ahead of you. wish i could be there hanging out. sorry that dan is gone ...bummer. it is raining here as well...and avery is wanting to go somewhere. not sure where...just somewhere.

Alita said...

um? are you kidding me? picture slump? that shot is ahh-ma-ZING! seriously. gorgeous! where did you take it?

Rain, rain, go away!

Oh... Gotta get that book, too. I didn't want to buy any new books until I moved though.

Okay, 2 months isn't long, but I understand what you mean. Da hubbster is gone on business a lot. It gets lonely. ((Hugs))

Jess said...

Photography slump? If you'd kept that a secret, we would never have known.

Alita said...

another comment... is that shot sootc?

Alita said...

one more... cause it is seriously awesome. Frame it!

Colleen said...

You guys are sweet. You all know that I only show you the good ones, right?

Yes, it is SOOC. Most of my pics are, but only because I still haven't really figured out the whole photo editing thing at least anything beyond the basics.

Unknown said...

Love the photo! Rainy days are great for sleeping in. :0)

Brooke said...

Hey, waitaminutenow.... you are in a SLUMP and you took THAT photo??? I think NOT, girl!!! I love, LOVE, LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE that photo - it is amazing :D Oh, and I will have to check out that book that you recommended. Thanks!

Mary said...

Wow--love the photo! And yes, 2 months is a long time!

Grammie/Mom said...

Everyone stole my word..."SLUMP"!!!!!
I love how the leaf is outlined in light. Do you remember B & K's 'light of Jesus' moments. They always saw it in the sky but here it shows up on the leaf.

Anonymous said...

Love the light in this image.