Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On the road again...

This time tomorrow, our car is going to look like this...
(pretty much exactly like this, including my frizzy head of hair.)

Only imagine the way-back filled to the top with luggage 
and every other spare inch of space crammed with snacks and other activities to keep everyone occupied.
Oh boy.. do I have a ton of packing to do today!
Yikes!

As is the norm for our family, we aren't going to take a direct route to our destination. 
Noooooo...
The siren call of the original Ben and Jerry's complete with a factory tour and samples 
is causing us to veer off of I-95 to
take winding Vermont roads in search of Cherry Garcia and Toffee Heath Bar Crunch.



As far as blogging goes... who knows what I'll be able to do.  
I may find myself too busy to blog, 
or I might have so many things to say and share that I'll just have to blog.
Who knows?

What I do know is that by the end of my vacation in Maine, 
I'll have 2,222 pictures to sort through.
(at least that many!)

15 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

Well, this partially answered my email. This time plus 9 hours we will be on the road too. But you already know that. Hey, let's try to meet up in Maine. Think we can do that? I know, I know...pretty lame. See you Saturday.

Alyssa S. said...

Ah, a bear in it's natural habitat...a Studebaker :) How can you not love that movie?

The Ben and Jerry's factory. I miss being able to drive there. Have fun!!!

Brown Family Blog said...

Have fun! I know how much you guys love this time. :O) Oh and enjoy some Ben and Jerrys for me.

Mrs. Bird said...

Have a great trip!

Jess said...

Don't forget your extra batteries and memory cards! Have a great time.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love Ben and Jerry's. Enjoy your vacay.

Leslie said...

i guess i will catch you on the road!!!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Have a great trip! Stops along the way and even an unscheduled drives are what vacations are made of. Go take a break from blogging if you need to. We'll be here when you get back. =)

Alita said...

<--- jealous!!! Have a fantastic voyage. :)))

And I can't wait to see all 2,222 photos that you take.

T.J. said...

hurry on up and get to New England!!!!! :)

Yellow House said...

Have fun!!!

Mary said...

Sooo envious--Maine!! How fantastic! Here's hoping you are too busy(or too calm and relaxed) to blog!

Unknown said...

wish I was gonna be their with you guys. maybe next year.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so jealous!!!! You know the last time you were there was the last time i was there too??? When we all stayed in steuben and eleni kate and i piled the kids in the car to go blueberry picking down the road. *sigh* Maybe i can get there next year :(

Julie said...

Have fun!! I went to the Ben and Jerry's tour about 6 years ago...pre-kids. It was fun. Have a great vacation :).