Monday, December 27, 2010

A Post-Holiday Post

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

We certainly did.

It was a wonderful month leading up to the main event
and the last couple of weeks have been especially busy, but in a particularly good way.

Once all the presents were opened on Christmas morning and breakfast was made,
I was able sit back and relax and enjoy a quiet family day.


Toys, new clothes, video games and books
were spread out all over the floor.
We played with our new games and ate lots of yummy cookies.

I didn't take very many pictures.
I just wanted to live in the moment and I'm so glad that I did.

But now I've got a new toy to play with, a light scoop!
and I'm sure I'll be sharing the results of this in the upcoming weeks.
(It's pretty cool.)



13 comments:

namaki said...

these are nice pictures and thanks for the tip about the light scoop .... that looks very interesting ! happy New Year !

Jess said...

Wow look at that narrow dof! Can't wait to see how that light scoop works, I've heard so many good things about it.

Merry Christmas Colleen!

Winn (aka Koreen) said...

Nice! I'm jealous. ;) That lightscoop looks awesome.

Sarah Halstead said...

Cute ornaments. Great photos.

Maximillian said...

Nice DOF. :) Thanks for the comment, and a happy New Year!

Brooke G. said...

Merry Christmas Colleen!!! I love the photos :D

Brooke G. said...

PS - I have never heard of a light scoop... but it looks amazing! I WANT ONE!!!! Please let us know what you think.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

The photos you did take are so pretty. I want a light scoop too.

Alita said...

YAY! I'm glad that you had a VERY Merry Christmas. I didn't take many pictures either for the exact same reason. living in the moment! No blogging either. It was refreshing.

Now off to google light scoop! :)

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Beautiful light in these images. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Colleen.

lisaschaos said...

Adorable birdie! I didn't take many photos either but instead lived in the moment. :)

Christina said...

Lovely Christmas macro shots!

Rebecca said...

Very festive with the lights in the background.