Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Going home...

It just occurred to me that when my cable company "cuts the cord" at midnight tonight, I will no longer be able to use my computer to blog or do much of anything until I get somewhere with a wireless connection.
Which means... pretty much a whole week from now.
The friends I'm staying with this weekend are still on dial-up.
Seriously!  No kidding!  
There are still people out there listening to that eeeeeooooheeeee 
as they connect to an internet that moves at a snails pace.

Then I move on to my in-law's house, who (only because my husband set them up with this) do have cable, 
but no wireless to make my laptops work.
So, like I said before, I'll do my best to keep everyone updated via facebook.
(I didn't know how grateful I would be for my iphone and 3G.)

I wonder if I have any old drafts of posts that I can run while I'm "away."
Guess I'll look in a minute.

For now, I'll leave you with a picture and some words that I wrote when Alita asked me to be a guest blogger while she was busy moving.
(Why didn't I do that too?  I don't know.)

It's about home... and I'm going to be there... soon.


7 comments:

Mary said...

good luck with the move and happy travels on your road trip!

Grammie/Mom said...

One hour to midnight! I'll be calling you as you go state to state. Say hello to Margie and Bob. Drive safe...you have precious cargo! That goes for you too Kevin! Love you all!

Susan said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your updates as you head out west. Such a great opportunity to travel cross country, and stop to visit with friends along the way!!! I’ve done the drive, but never in one trip. Hope you have an amazing time!

T.J. said...

Godspeed!!!!!! Enjoy the fantastic travels ahead!!!!!

CJ said...

Hope your trip and move goes well, have a safe time!

Unknown said...

I do hope you have a safe and fun trip. I am sure you will take some photos..

Hugs, Linda

Alita said...

I can't wait to see you! :))))