Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wha-huh???

I was thinking about it.... 
(and all that thinking was rather taxing, I tell ya)
and it took me many long moments to remember when I last took a picture.
I thought and I thought and I thunk and I thunk,
then the rational side kicked in and said,
"Duh... it was probably Christmas."

Oh, right... that makes sense.



I'm not entirely sure, but it may be possible that the auto focus on my camera is off a bit.
For a while, I thought it was me.
I thought I suddenly couldn't take a picture.
(That may be true too... the jury is still out.)

But this lack of picture taking is one of the many reasons that I haven't been blogging.
I like pictures and I like to be current.  
It's very hard for me to post something that happened more than a week ago,
much less last summer (which was awesome.)
And... ugh... I hate philosophizing about blogging on my blog too, 
but here I am doing it!!!
Darn it.

But I miss my blogging self, and I miss being here, 
and I'm finally finding more time to sit in front of the computer, so here I am.

And now that I've written a bunch of words that mean pretty much nothing,
I'm going to go dig through the archives and slap some random photos in between all those words.
Because I can.
And because I like pictures.
As it turns out... they're all Christmas pics.
(Which is not current... but whatever...)


And yes... my son did get a doorknob and my daughter did get bubble wrap.
That's just the way we roll.

8 comments:

Jientje said...

Hey there, hi Colleen!!! I can't tell you how glad I am to see you in my reader again! How have you been? I really missed you and I'm so happy to see pictures of your lovely family again. I hope 2012 brings you happiness and joy, and I do hope you're going to start blogging again soon. I'm just like you, I cannot blog without pictures, if I don't take pictures I don't blog. I missed blogging, and wanted to find something to post on a more regular basis again, so I started my own Project 366. I made my own rules, so as not to make it too hard on myself, but so far, so good, I'm loving it! I hope maybe I can inspire you a bit too? I know you can inspire me, and I hope I get to see more of you this year?

Grammie/Mom said...

Hey there! I missed your blogging self too! Glad you are back and glad to have some new pictures of the "grands". I'll be making one of them my new wallpaper for my computer at work. Have to show them off to all the employees and visitors.

Jess said...

Your kids are sooooo awesome!

Susan said...

Fun! Love the action car shot. Merry Christmas! ;-)

Alita said...

Bubble wrap!!! Door Knobs!!!

This post made me happy. I know all about those long bloggy breaks.

How are you dealing with the coast's snowmagedden? lol!!!

T.J. said...

I hadn't even observed the gifts til you pointed them out- haha!!

I'm the same way with the blogging thing- wanting to, not having time, finding time but wanting to use it to spend with family since it's so rare, hating when I blog about not blogging... sigh. At least we're all in this together, right? But not really because I didn't more out of state, across country and into a new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy photo taking to you! Oh, and thanks for all your support over on my blog and yes the Walmart comment got me giggling!!!!!

Jess said...

Miss you. That's all. :)

T.J. said...

just swinging by to say hi and that I've been thinking of you :)
Happy Spring!