Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beach Bums and Dirty Dogs...


Going to the beach in Washington is, well... different than your typical beach experience.

Very simply... It's cold!



Sure, maybe if you're lucky you'll be comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt,
But usually you end up looking like this...

Pulling your hoodie tight around your face,
going out of your comfort zone and hugging your sister for warmth,
or huddling over the fire someone left in a piece of driftwood on the beach.

But do we let little things like wind and cold stop us?
NO!

We're hardy people... and if the sun is out (or at least if it's not raining) there is fun to be had.
 Fly a kite.
There's plenty of wind for it!


Become the world's fastest man.

Or if you're really crazy hardy, you can do this...
No, that most definitely was not one of our group.
I mean, we aren't crazy!

6 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Crazy. I'm in Canada, and I won't go to the beach if it's cold. So that leaves me about 3 days a year I go to the beach. :P

Jess said...

LOVE seeing you back here again! My fav of all these pics is the silhouette on the bottom of your first collage. Brilliant way to use your overcast sky!

Also, love the world's fastest man sequence.

Also, Koreen's comment cracked me up.

Also, hardy people are awesome.

I think that's all. :)

T.J. said...

I can't imagine what it feels like in the winter?! Maybe no one goes to the beach them, hmm? So good to see all of you here- love your facebook over there- good that I can see it here since I'm not on facebook!!! ;)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like a fun beach day despite the cold. Reminds me of beach trips in England where you always need a sweater.

Kelley said...

Being cold at a beach would be a different experience for me. Looks like you all had fun!

T.J. said...

Hey colleen how did you do this? so cool with the blog changeover. Is it still a blog- not sure of the proper word ;) Just swung by to send a little hello XOXO TJ