Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our real first day

We got back to school yesterday. Finally! It really was a relief to have a plan and a schedule. We are still working out the details, but so far it has been going pretty well.

Julia has been so happy about getting back to work. I think we are going to have a great year.

Grant and Quincy may not be quite as excited as Julia is, but they are still working hard. I am finding myself bouncing from kid to kid, helping them figure out the new curriculum.

Here is Grant asking incredulously, "Why are you taking pictures of us doing school work?"
Well, I needed something to blog!
What I love the most about this picture is the natural light. I really hate using the flash and before I went all digital, my real camera didn't have a flash, so I got really good at finding "natural light" photos. I'm thinking about finding some willing models and playing around with the light at this window.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy schooling!!! Even if they aren't so happy haha... And I agree that the natural light there is pretty awesome - now you just have to bribe Kevin into letting you take his picture there.

Grammie/Mom said...

Have fun learning new things kids.

Colleen said...

Beth, I said "willing" models.

Elizabeth said...

hahaha yes, you're right... :P