Friday, November 7, 2008

Marshmallow Molecules

The kids are learning about atoms and molecules in their Chemistry book, who knew molecules could be so much fun! I guess marsmallows can make anything fun. We started out making "no rules" molecules. Here is Julia's friend, Mr. Molecule.


Then we got serious and made some real molecule shapes, but a methane molecule sure can make a boy smile. He called it a "toot" molecule (or maybe he used the other word for that.)


I love seeing them so intent and interested in their work. I imagine that they'll remember this when they are in 10th grade Chemistry.






5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

these home school projects are so cool... I wish some of these projects had been put to use in some of my classes. Maybe then I would have remembered the molecules in Chemistry class :D

Colleen said...

I am learning more now than I ever did at school!

Leslie said...

that looks like it was so much fun

Grammie/Mom said...

did they eat their projects when they were done?

Colleen said...

Why wait until you're done? There was much marshmallow eating throughout the lesson.