Sunday, March 1, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

I'm in the midst of a serious case of the winter doldrums. Not a lot of interest is going on, the kids are cycling through a case of the flu, so we aren't going anywhere fun and we are watching a LOT of TV. As winters go, this winter has been fairly dull weather-wise, we didn't get much snow to play in. Today we woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground and we are all just thrilled, it covers up the brown grass and brown trees and just pretties up the place. I love snow. But still... it's March 1st and my thoughts are toward Spring. I'm looking forward to warm days and colorful flowers. This being our first year in this house, I'm wondering what, if any, bulbs might be hiding under the ground waiting to pop up this spring. I hope there are at least a few daffodils or tulips out there.

Now, since I just can't have a post without pictures, here are a few that I dug out from the last couple of weeks.

Julia's baby penguin that she designed and made herself.

Julia "decorated" Grant's door and effectively trapped him inside on his birthday.
He managed to get out.

Grant and his pirate's treasure.


Julia at Brownies.



This was a day for all the troops to get together and learn about different countries. Julia's troop covered Russia, the girls in the green hats were representing the Venezuelan rain forest.




3 comments:

Leslie said...

i'm not ready for spring yet...i am enjoying the cold and snow this year. how strange, right? i love the penguin Julia...i might be making one myself...maybe i will wait until we are there with you and you can give me some pointers

Colleen said...

I think I was getting tired of the brown dreariness. But now the snow is coming in and I'm looking forward to it!!

Grammie/Mom said...

Are you ready for the snow? I'm not! I'm glad you posted pictures. We love seeing the kids. Julia, your owl is a hoot! Hi Grant.