They're all in my head and I don't feel like they need to apply to other bloggers
and sometimes I break them
(with a certain degree of stress and anxiety),
but I have them.
Sometimes they help me keep this blogging life in order,
sometimes they're just silly and maybe a bit restrictive.
Here are the two good ones...
1. Never ever write anything that you don't want your mother, mother-in-law, father, sister, husband or kids to read.
This one is a pretty hard and fast rule, can't break this one.
I suppose I could if I had a "secret" blog, but I don't
and I do not need real life issues to come from my blogging life mis-steps.
Having said that....
2. Be real
I really, really want to be myself.
I'm not a Pollyanna in real life and I'm not going to be here.
I don't preach here or elsewhere.
I don't claim to be an expert on anything really... motherhood, photography, military spouse-dom
so you probably won't get a lot of posts full of advice on those fronts,
but a word of "wisdom" here and there might find it's way to the blog.
(I'm also no expert on blogging and I feel like I'm both preaching and giving advice here. Erggghh!)
(Rules are stupid.)
Okay so that was a bit of a fail...
is there any way to dust after the picture has been taken??
why didn't I dust??
Here are some more stupid rules.
(Seriously, these are the ones that I think only apply to me.)
(I never judge another person's blog because they don't play by my imaginary rules.)
- I don't like to publish a post without pictures
- I don't like to post old pictures. If they're more than a week old and I haven't put them on the blog, they'll probably just sit in my archives for eternity. (Unless, there's some photo challenge that that particular picture fits perfectly, but that rarely happens.)
- I really, really want to respond to each and every comment that I receive. This isn't the stupid part... I like this one, but I don't like the pressure that I put on myself if I don't have the time to respond to each comment.
- I don't like to enter blogging link-ups if I can't check out everyone else's links.
(Or at least a good portion of the other links... )
(I've broken that rule a lot this week... it's been a busy week.)
- Oh, and here's one of my dumber ones... I don't like to post a picture more than once. This really messes with my head, especially now that I'm doing a 365 project. It gives me the twitches.
And really... I know that it's stupid!